Skip to content
Home » Man ‘rapped’ About Killing Someone Hours Before Stabbing Mum To Death Outside Her Home

Man ‘rapped’ About Killing Someone Hours Before Stabbing Mum To Death Outside Her Home

  • by

Express. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. HOME News Royal Showbiz & TV Sport Comment Finance Travel Entertainment Life & Style UK Politics Royal US World Science Weather Weird History Nature Sunday InYourArea Anthony Stinson pleaded guilty to murder just as he was about to stand trial for killing Charlotte Wilcock 00:24, Tue, Aug 22, 2023 | UPDATED: 00:24, Tue, Aug 22, 2023

Charlotte Wilcock was stabbed to death in her own home (Image: Lancashire Constabulary/PA)

A man who stabbed a lone mother-of-two to death in her home as her children slept upstairs rapped about killing someone just hours before the cold-blooded incident, police said.

Anthony Stinson, 31, came across Charlotte Wilcock on the evening of March 3 as she smoked on the doorstep of her home in Blackburn, Lancs. Moments later, Stinson kicked and stabbed her to death in her hallway with a Stanley knife.

Ms Wilcock’s 15-month-old daughter was left alone upstairs until police officers discovered her the next day. The 31-year-old, who was a stranger to her killer, was found dead behind her front door.

When police arrested him, Stinson, of Queen Victoria Street, Blackburn, said he had been suffering from psychosis when he attacked Ms Wilcock and claimed to have seen the Devil.

Stinson pleaded guilty when he appeared before Preston Crown Court (Image: MEN Media)

However, detectives seized his phone and discovered he recorded a video hours before the unprovoked attack. The video, made by Stinson and a friend, showed the defendant rapping and describing someone being killed.

CCTV footage also showed that 15 minutes earlier, he made conversation with a local shopkeeper. He was buying alcohol and cigarettes at the time.

Stinson pleaded guilty to Ms Wilcock’s murder at Preston Crown Court on Monday. He will be sentenced on Thursday.

Speaking outside of court, detective chief inspector Mark Haworth-Oates, of Lancashire Constabulary, said: “On March 3 this year Stinson approached Charlotte’s address and, for reasons known only to him, launched a brutal attack on her on the doorstep.

A street view of Queen Victoria Street (Image: Google)

Invalid email

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

“He slashed at her body numerous times in the ferocious assault – inflicting well over 50 individual injuries in the process, many with the use of a Stanley knife – as well as punching and kicking her.

“Charlotte had never met Stinson before that night and had no personal connection to him – she was merely sat on her own doorstep having a cigarette.

“She should have been safe and could never have foreseen what was about to happen.

“It is clear from speaking to Charlotte’s family that she was very much-loved, and her death has left a huge void in the lives of those who knew her, not least her two children who will now grow up without their mother.

“It is such a needless loss of a life in truly awful circumstances.”

IPSO Regulated Copyright ©2023 Express Newspapers. “Daily Express” is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.